Wednesday 19 February 2020

A key difference between visual and performing art is audience interaction?

Adan Alipio: I hope true.

David Boehler: True

Antonette Shappy: I think I get where you're going but I'd say a key difference between visual and performance (!) art is public participation. though performance art doesn't necessarily include the public as part of the piece. maybe a better key difference is the one-time-only character and vanishing element: a performance is at a certain place for a specific amount of time, whereas visual art can be shown again cuz the object will be there still; in performance art there's no object as such....Show more

Woodrow Neyman: False. I believe people interact with a painting,photo or sculpture with the same emotions they might experience at a concert, ballet, opera or play.

No comments:

Post a Comment