Friday 10 April 2020

Unusual car registration plates in NL?

Gladys Worthing: Thats NOT from The Netherlands :) Cause in The Netherlands the registration plates are yellow background and black letters.. xx-xx-xxand we are dutch but this is not dutchland x] The Netherlands.. so our plates say NL

Rosann Mccomb: I'm pretty sure it wasn't Dutch as even the dutch exportplates which are white with black lettering and not the xx-xx-xx but xxx-xxx format have some letters as well as numbers afaik.Maybe a foreign exportplate? All the other (special) dutch plates are xx-xx-xx, again, as far as I know.And why did you post this in the netherlands travel section??? Don't you know there's a "strange license plates"-section???? :-PEditD stands for Germany (Deutschland) in place of NL for Netherlands.A diplomat's plates look exactly the same as regular plates except they always start with CD (Corps Diplomatique) CD-xx-xx...Show more

Raymon Fiene: These are called 'trade plates'. They are for the motor industry workers who have to take ! vehicles out on the road as part of their work. So people who deliver new cars will have them as will some mechanics who have to take cars out in order to diagnose problems.

Nikita Schroepfer: Incidentally, yes I am aware that I posted it in the travel-Netherlands section and not the car & transport section, and it was a deliberate decision as more NL residents read this section.

Maye Delk: Thanks to everyone for the answers. I am really struggling to decide who gets BA as there are several in my eyes. So I'm going to throw it out to vote deliberately. Normally the voting in the NL section is small and fair (with little troll input).

Coralie Goldsberry: @ Vince, good idea, can you post me the link for the "strange license plates" section? and I'll give it a go :-P

Scot Sepulbeda: Thanks to all for answering. I got an Email from another contact who came up with a good info which was similar to what Vince, Binst and Willeke stated - namely that Merc! s are the normal choice for Diplomatic Corps and high ranking ! military, and added together with the "leaving space" (for manoevering at speed) would seem logical. Based on the symbol (italic 'I" / squiggly 7) it would likely be origins from the Arab states. However it did not have any discs or codes or lettering which does make it still a bit of a mystery.Anyway, I'll leave it open a little longer and see if anyone has any more bright ideas...Show more

Janita Tetlow: It might have been a car of a diplomate. They carry their own numbers and a "D" on the back. I heard that they can neglect any ticket due to their diplomatic immunity.

Margart Stimpert: @Ibrahim, thanks for this, it's really kind of you to take the effort to check again. I forget the numbers in the registration but if pushed then I would say that it began with a 4, but with no certainty

Roosevelt Pendill: Diplomats, and some of their staff, drive in cars with an CD code, Corps Diplomatique if I spell it right. This code is somewhere on the back of the! car, like the old NL or GB stickers.But all I remember seeing of those had rather short codes. Not living in Amsterdam nor Den Haag makes that I do not see them all that often, so I am not sure.I know that Swiss and Italian plates have or used to have a shield with there country/region's cote of arms. But as far as I know both countries use letters as well as numbers, and Italy should now have the EU stars too.PS: this is from memory, maybe Vince is right, he has more to do with cars than I....Show more

Clemmie Burkleo: this may help u VERY MUCH :) http://www.olavsplates.com/country_index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment